Checking Data SMS and HTTPS request history

koer...@umich.edu

Oct 17, 2017, 4:06:35 PM10/17/17
to android-platform
Is there a way to monitor/record all the messages your phone sends via Data SMS and HTTPS? Supposedly, when you call an emergency number, most Android phones have Emergency Location Services activated, which calculates your location and sends it out via either of those protocols. There is no apparent history of this communication to the handset user, which is how it's supposed to be, but I'm wondering whether there is a way to keep track of this information by building an app? If I could record all data sms and HTTPS activity and then place a call to 911, I could see whether my phone made an attempt to transmit my location information.