Resources$NotFoundException after updating system apps

Jacob S

May 9, 2017, 11:15:35 AM5/9/17
to android-platform
Hello, I am developing a custom rom , and I have some custom apps in /system/app my problem is that after updating these apps, I get Resources$NotFoundException and crashes. after rebooting the device it works fine, any idea why this is happening and how to solve it ?
Thanks

Jacob S

May 10, 2017, 1:49:36 PM5/10/17
to android-platform
I found the problem, turns out it was because I added persistent="true" to my application declaration. which prevents the app from being closed and causes the update process to fail ( until reboot ).