OpenGL ES 2.0 support in libGLES_android.so?

ma...@xemi.net

Oct 2, 2015, 9:54:48 AM10/2/15
to android-platform
libGLES_mesa.so is running slower than using libGLES_android.so on my hardware, since I do not have a GPU, so everything is sw rendered.  I would like to use libGLES_android.so instead.

The OpenGL ES 2.0 app I am using runs fine when I use libGLES_mesa.so, but does not run when using libGLES_android.so.  It appears that when I use libGLES_android.so the call from glCreateShader fails, making me think that libGLES_android.so does not support ES 2.0, even though it is reporting ES 3.0 support.

Does libGLES_android.so support ES 2.0 calls?   If so, I cant seem to find function for glCreateShader function call?  Where is this implemented?