startService with explicit intent is not working to start framework service.

rashmi ks

Apr 29, 2015, 9:23:47 AM4/29/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have added MyService in android/framework/base/services/ space and registered that service in AndroidManifest.xml of android/frameworks/base/core/res/. Calling startService() of MyService, from test application is working fine with implicit intent. But explicit is not working with warning message "Unable to start service".

I have used
package name - "com.android.server"
class name - "com.android.server.MyService"
flag - android:exported="true"

Please let me know how do we use explicit intent with framework service.

Thank you