Source code of a specific Device

Ruhi Sharma

Jun 21, 2015, 1:18:50 PM6/21/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have made small changes in the source code of the Android and now it is working fine with the emulator. I also developed a app which requires read log permission. Since I was working with the emulator, I provided the permission using the shell of the emulator.

Suppose I am a developer in a Android device company. Since each device customize the source code. So can I assume that the changes which I did in the emulator, I can also do to the device by customize the Android source initially. If I want the app to initially present in the device, for this do I need to make this app a system app? Can we provide any permission to the system app?

Thanks in Advance

Daniel Doron

Jun 22, 2015, 10:39:21 AM6/22/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Yes to both questions. If you want the app to be installed by default in your ROM then you should make it a system app and provide it with appropriate permissions.
look at selinux for permissions definition.

Daniel.