UVC camera is not openeing (Android M)

Jaymin D

Nov 24, 2017, 11:17:02 AM11/24/17
to android-platform
Hello All,

In our android application, we want to interface the camera and have to display live preview and capture the image when on screen "Capture" button press by the user.

We are using general webcam, which connected our board over the USB interface.

The USB node/devicename generate successfully in android filesyste after connecting the camera with the board as below:

UVC Camera:(C45:6341:/dev/bus/udb/001/005)

Device is also opening, but the permission for this device is not granted. Due to this camera is not working and not getting the live preview.

We are giving the permission in manifest file as below :

android.hardware.usb.host

What are the possible reasons for not opening the camera?
Do we need to give extra/other permission?

Please, let us know.

Thanks