sdk add-on with AAR instead of JAR?

Todd Lee

Apr 22, 2016, 1:40:07 PM4/22/16
to android-platform
I have a question regarding support for building Android SDK add-ons...

My company has created an .aar to support third party development on our Android-based wearables platform. The library contains both code and resources (including Themes).

I would like to be able to distribute this library as an SDK add-on (looking at baking the library into a shared library APK package on our system image, as opposed to a framework JAR) but it would seem that AOSP make and the sdk-addon task only supports/expects JARs as the file type for the development library.

My question is, do you know if it is possible, or are there plans, to support sdk-addons based on .aar libraries (with resources) in addition the current .jar libraries (code only)?

I know this probably straddles the fence between platform & tools - so I asked in the Android Developer Tool group as well. Any insight you can share would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
Todd

Kanagal Raj Ramaswamy

Jan 27, 2017, 12:41:17 PM1/27/17
to android-platform
Hi Todd,

Did you find any solution for this. I am also having the same problem.

Thanks,
Kanagal Raj

Shibi G.krishnan

Apr 6, 2020, 2:30:08 PM4/6/20
to android-platform
Is there a Solution for this already?. I am also looking for this. Thank you.