Multiple Bluetooth Game Controller Enumeration.

archf13nd

Mar 20, 2015, 11:14:17 AM3/20/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

While pairing multiple Bluetooth(BT) gaming consoles,
I observed that when I pair the second or third controller, the 2nd or 3rd LED on the controller indicating the number/ paired index of the controller becomes ON.

Would like to know what messages does the Android Framework sends to my controllers that they make the right LED glow.

I have captured BT log(btsnoop_hci.log) and checked point-to-point direction SENT messages of HCI command but could not deduce much.

Also, looking at .kl file of ASUS gamepad in Lollipop source shows this:
# Asus Gamepad

key 304 BUTTON_A
key 305 BUTTON_B
key 307 BUTTON_X
key 308 BUTTON_Y
key 310 BUTTON_L1
key 311 BUTTON_R1
key 316 BUTTON_MODE
key 317 BUTTON_THUMBL
key 318 BUTTON_THUMBR

key 158 BACK
key 172 HOME

axis 0x00 X
axis 0x01 Y
axis 0x02 Z
axis 0x05 RZ
axis 0x09 RTRIGGER
axis 0x0a LTRIGGER
axis 0x10 HAT_X
axis 0x11 HAT_Y

led 0x00 CONTROLLER_1
led 0x01 CONTROLLER_2
led 0x02 CONTROLLER_3
led 0x03 CONTROLLER_4

Any pointers to finding/exploring this in the right place is much appreciated.
Sorry for bad english.

Gracias