Window Manager Screenshot & SurfaceView LifeCycle

SIVA KUMAR GUNTURI

Nov 27, 2015, 8:34:47 PM11/27/15

Hi ,

I am trying to understand the drawing cycle in chrome browser, which uses SurfaceView as the drawing surface.
There is an option for merging tabs and apps there. So browser tabs appear in the window manager.

There is a use case where we switch from browser tab to window manager and from window manager back to browser tab.
Every time we switch to window manager a snapshot of the tab is shown in window manager.

I would like to know the life time of this snapshot in relation with Surfaceview creation and updating. While animating back from the Window manager(browser tab)
to browser activity  till what instance this screen shot will be shown.  What would be the relation between the SurfaceCreation
of browser SurfaceView and this screenshot removal?

Do we maintain the screenshot till the surfaceview gets created ? What is the Sequence?

~Siva.

201511272013981_BGFC2LL5.gif