How does OMA DRM support in Android 2.0?

ctl10

Dec 10, 2009, 11:27:35 AM12/10/09
to android-platform
Hi all:

I was told that Forwark Lock of OMA DRM 1.0 can work in Capcake
1.5, but other methods do not work.

Is OMA DRM 1.0 supported competely in Android 2.0?
And how about OMA DRM 2.0?

Thanks!

Gururaj Narayanan

Dec 14, 2009, 11:40:16 PM12/14/09
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

OMA DRM 1.0 us supported in Android 2.0 and only forwards lock.

Any other DRM requirements have to integrated separately.

Regards
Gururaj

yaoming qin

Dec 17, 2009, 4:31:31 AM12/17/09
to android-platform
How about the OMA 2.0?

On Dec 15, 12:40 pm, Gururaj Narayanan <4ng...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> OMA DRM 1.0 us supported in Android 2.0 and only forwards lock.
>
> Any other DRM requirements have to integrated separately.
>
> Regards
> Gururaj
>
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 9:57 PM, ctl10 <ct...@163.com> wrote:
> > Hi all:
>
> >     I was told that Forwark Lock of OMA DRM 1.0 can work in Capcake
> > 1.5, but other methods do not work.
>
> >     Is OMA DRM 1.0 supported competely in Android 2.0?
> >     And how about OMA DRM 2.0?
>
> > Thanks!
>
> > --

> > android-platfo...@googlegroups.com<android-platform%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

kiran Kumar K

Dec 20, 2009, 11:50:12 PM12/20/09
to android-...@googlegroups.com
From the public branches, i can see that some code is being submitted for OMA DRM 2.0. But the source is not completely integrated into android framework.

Only the C library is being is checked in for OMA DRM 2.0. Hence it may still take some for OMA DRM 2.0 to be completely supported and tested. There would be a lot of security implications also which needs to be taken care in android.

/BR
Kiran