Input text field is suddenly full screen

Profajl Nejm

Oct 7, 2016, 12:43:50 PM10/7/16
to android-platform
I bought a Lollipop tablet a few months ago.

When I tap on a text input field it has always just popped up the keyboard with everything else looking the same.

Now, since a week ago, when I tap on an text box the entire screen becomes a huge white text box. I haven't changed any system settings so I have no idea how this suddenly came to be.

I have the UI hidden (using shell command "pm disable android.com.ui"), which might be of importance to the troubleshooting. But the thing is I ran this shell command at the very beginning of setting up my tablet since it's supposed to be a "kiosk mode" tablet), and like I stated above the text fields weren't full screen before.

thanks :)