How to find what causing the AVD app to crash

DevGuy

Nov 30, 2016, 8:20:01 PM11/30/16
to android-platform
I am trying to get NativeScript with Angular 2 to work on Android, but I keep experiencing a crash when I run their intro app.

"Unfortunately, Groceries has stopped."

I've installed the Android SDK on my system, and I can create and bring up a device somewhat ok, however I do see an error like this

Starting emulator for AVD 'a4.4.2'
emulator: WARNING: Host CPU is missing the following feature(s) required for x86 emulation: SSSE3
Hardware-accelerated emulation may not work properly!
emulator: Listening for console connections on port: 5554
emulator: Serial number of this emulator (for ADB): emulator-5554

I am using Linux on and AMD chipset.

How do I go about determining what's causing the app to crash, I am not even sure where to go look for the logs?
1) app error logs
2) errors logged by the AVD

Also how would I verify that my Android SDK has been install properly and that my AVD is in sound shape?