Cannot enable USB mass storage after changing internal SD card to emulated

petr....@gmail.com

May 7, 2015, 8:10:51 AM5/7/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com, Petr Vorel
Hi there,

I'm working on JB 4.2.2 on Allwinner A31s. We use both internal and external partitions.
After I changed internal SD card to emulated (previous was on it's own
partition) I cannot enable USB mass storage of internal card.
I got inspired by section "Emulated primary only (like Nexus 4)" in https://source.android.com/devices/storage/config-example.html.
UsbStorageActivity does not finish enabling. When I watch vold with 'vdc
monitor' it does nothing, prior to previous version when it worked as
expected - unmounting device and changing it's state). This happens also if
there is also external SD card presented.
Debugging with logcat whows that in case of emulated SD card:
* PackageManager is not called
* Vold is not called
* MediaScannerReceiver is not called
* MountService (runned in thread by UsbStorageActivity) skips both internal
and partition (doesn't umount either of them) and progress indicator keeps
running.

Any idea what can be wrong? storage_list.xml?
vold.fstab before was (internal card was /mnt/sdcard):
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/virtual/block/nandk
dev_mount extsd /mnt/extsd auto /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.1/mmc_host /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.0/mmc_host
dev_mount usbhost1 /mnt/usbhost1 auto /devices/platform/sw-ehci.1 /devices/platform/sw_hcd_host0 /devices/platform/sw-ehci.2 /devices/platform/sw-ohci.1 /devices/platform/sw-ohci.2

I removed the first line (for /mnt/sdcard). I also tried to add line
dev_mount   sdcard  /mnt/shell/emulated     auto    /devices/platform/sw-ehci.1 /devices/platform/sw_hcd_host0  /devices/platform/sw-ehci.2 /devices/platform/sw-ohci.1 /devices/platform/sw-ohci.2
but it didn't help.
I suppose it needs to be entry in vold.fstab for emulated devices as well?

Thanks for any tips.

Kind regards,
Petr

petr....@gmail.com

May 15, 2015, 7:58:10 AM5/15/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com, Petr Vorel
Hi there,

After I changed internal SD card to emulated (previous was on it's own
partition) I cannot enable USB mass storage of internal card.
I got inspired by section "Emulated primary only (like Nexus 4)" in

I'm trying to figure out what to change in vold.fstab to be able to enable USB mass storage.

I'm working on Allwinner A31s.

vold.fstab before was (internal card was /mnt/sdcard):
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/virtual/block/nandk
dev_mount extsd /mnt/extsd auto /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.1/mmc_host /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.0/mmc_host
dev_mount usbhost1 /mnt/usbhost1 auto /devices/platform/sw-ehci.1 /devices/platform/sw_hcd_host0 /devices/platform/sw-ehci.2 /devices/platform/sw-ohci.1 /devices/platform/sw-ohci.2

I removed the first line (for /mnt/sdcard). I also tried to add line
dev_mount   sdcard  /mnt/shell/emulated     auto    /devices/platform/sw-ehci.1 /devices/platform/sw_hcd_host0  /devices/platform/sw-ehci.2 /devices/platform/sw-ohci.1 /devices/platform/sw-ohci.2
but it didn't help.
I suppose it needs to be entry in vold.fstab for emulated devices as well. Am I right?