[Android 6.0 -TV porting] TVInputService HDMI channel are not detected by “Live Channels” app

Gaurav Tiwari

Apr 21, 2016, 10:01:24 AM4/21/16
to android-platform
Hi all,
I have developed a TVInputService for HDMI passthrough Input. And this app has System privilege and part of my Android-TV platform. Also installed "Live Channels" app which should detect all custom TVInputService channels available in system. And if there is any searchable channel available, "Live Channels" will show up in Launcher. But my TvInputService provided HDMI-passthrough channel is not detected by LiveChannels.
If I install this sample apk/channels,
then only LiveChannels is shown up and I can also see my HDMI channel as well.
Please help what more information nned to be passed to LiveChannles to detect the TVInputService?
Here is "dumpsys tv_input"?

ice=android.media.tv.TvHardwareInputService}; state: 0
    com.example.android.sampletvinput/.simple.SimpleTvInputService: info: TvInputInfo{id=com.example.android.sampletvinput/.simple.SimpleTvInpu
tService, pkg=com.example.android.sampletvinput, service=com.example.android.sampletvinput.simple.SimpleTvInputService}; state: 0
  packageSet:
    com.example.android.sampletvinput
  clientStateMap: ITvInputClient -> ClientState
  serviceStateMap: ComponentName -> ServiceState
    ComponentInfo{android.media.tv/android.media.tv.TvHardwareInputService}: com.android.server.tv.TvInputManagerService$ServiceState@fae83a1
      sessionTokens:
      service: android.media.tv.ITvInputService$Stub$Proxy@8ef49c6
      callback: com.android.server.tv.TvInputManagerService$ServiceCallback@b80ed87
      bound: true
      reconnecting: false
  sessionStateMap: ITvInputSession -> SessionState
  callbackSet:
    android.media.tv.ITvInputManagerCallback$Stub$Proxy@c7cbdda
    android.media.tv.ITvInputManagerCallback$Stub$Proxy@c6668fc
    android.media.tv.TvInputManager$2@b33a7f4