How to measure RSSI betweet the client and Group Owner in WiFi P2P network??

zzl...@icloud.com

Mar 13, 2016, 2:06:52 PM3/13/16
to android-platform
Hi,
 If device A and device B connected together in WiFI P2P network using the WiFiP2PManager(Google API), assuming A is the GO. And how could I measure the RSSI between A and B?? (There is no method to measure in WifiP2pManager, but there is in WifiManager, but that is different right? )

  I knew some one asked this question very long time ago, but it seems no one gave a solution to it. Anyone can help? Thanks a lot.

Farshad Koohifar

May 2, 2016, 10:09:41 AM5/2/16
to android-platform
I have the same question, and there seems to be a -60 dBm hard coded in the framework. Is there a way to get the RSSI for p2p communication?

Rodrigo Uroz

Aug 9, 2016, 3:23:09 PM8/9/16
to android-platform, farshad....@gmail.com
Came here looking for an answer. After much googling I guess this is not doable without rooting the device :-(