AOSP Gradle Application Builds

Dave Smith

Jan 21, 2015, 10:29:53 AM1/21/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know if the AOSP build system supports building applications that have a Gradle (i.e. Android Studio) project structure yet? If so, what would the Android.mk file look like to invoked Gradle for the module build?

Chris Sarbora

Jan 21, 2015, 4:41:09 PM1/21/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
It does not. I actually have a task for this week or the next to build exactly that support however; I can probably submit it back to AOSP once I'm done.

Catalin Morosan

Feb 10, 2015, 4:55:24 AM2/10/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Are there any updates on this? This feature would really help us a lot.

Kevin Lyda

Feb 10, 2015, 5:32:11 AM2/10/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Just curious, any progress on this?  I'm just starting on integrating a gradle-built app into a circa android-10 aosp build system.  Running gradlew from the Android.mk file isn't that hard, but the issues I see:

* How to tell the ASOP build system about the generated apk files.
* How to get gradle, when run from an AOSP build, to ues the normal intermediates output dirs instead of its normal build/ dirs mixed in with the source tree.

And I'm pretty sure there are a lot more issues.  I already worked out how to get it to use the AOSP keys, but I suspect that was the easiest part.

Kevin
Message has been deleted