UI/Application Exerciser Monkey sends input events via wrong input device.

Tomas Dirvanauskas

Jun 13, 2018, 11:14:20 AM6/13/18
to android-platform
Hey,

not sure if it's the right group, please correct me if needed.

In short, I am trying to use https://developer.android.com/studio/test/monkey for stress testing touch events.

I am running it on Google Pixel 2 XL

My problem is when touch event is simulated it looks like the event is received from input device (with id 0) which doesn't contain AINPUT_SOURCE_TOUCHSCREEN as one of its input sources.

For ex., On Google Pixel 2 XL, input device which id is 0 is "Device uinput-fpc (0)- 0a2365ce4f51162539f3bf91469900de3a450172 has following source 'Keyboard' (257)" , has only keyboard as its input source, so it feels wrong that input device sends a touch event.

Is there any way to specific to monkey to use a different input device id instead of 0, at least I can help it to pick the right input device id.

As an alternative I could use adb shell input tap, then the input event is received from correct input device, but ti's not good for stress testing.

Any ideas, suggestions?