error- Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_SHARED_USER_INCOMPATIBLE]

MReddy

May 24, 2017, 8:39:46 PM5/24/17
to android-platform

I am trying to install WSo2EMM Android system service application as i want silently install apps through Wso2 Agent (sets up a Work Profile). To get the system root privileges I have used

    android:sharedUserId="android.uid.system"

I have also signed the application as mentioned here using sign-apk.jar and platform.x509.pem, platform.pk8 keys from here. But when I tried to install the signed APK through ADB on both Sony Xperia X peformance and Samsung Galaxy On5. I got the error.

    Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_SHARED_USER_INCOMPATIBLE]

Does the device have to be rooted to sign using the platform keys? I dont want to root my device. is there any alternative or getting the firmware key from the device vendor is the only option I have? If that is the only option how can i get the key from the Vendor?

Thank you

MReddy

May 25, 2017, 11:13:50 AM5/25/17
to android-platform

Agustín Rizzo

Jun 12, 2017, 10:33:31 AM6/12/17
to android-platform
Hi MReddy, I'm in same exactly situation as you. Did you find any solution to this error? Thanks a lot

MReddy

Jun 13, 2017, 1:21:33 PM6/13/17
to android-platform
Hi Agustin Rizzo,

No I havent found an alternative. Seems to be there are only those two ways to install your app as a system app atleast as far as I know till date! To get rid of the error , you have to do any of this

Thanks

Jacky Lam

Jun 15, 2017, 12:03:56 PM6/15/17
to android-platform
You can't do that even you root your device, because you don't have the same private key from either Sony or Samsung.

MReddy

Jul 10, 2017, 4:44:56 PM7/10/17
to android-platform
I did this by rooting my device. I am able to silently install the apps