Android 4.4 receive BOOT_COMPLETED broadcast delay

Will Lee

Apr 21, 2014, 2:36:38 PM4/21/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,all
    Now I meet a weird problem. My 4.4 phone can't receive BOOT_COMPLETED broadcast in time, it have a very long delay.
    I find that it's because of my device have many  pre-install apps.when I remove all the apps ,it's good. Or I change BOOT_COMPLETED broadcast ordered property from true to false in ActivityManagerService,it's good too.But  ordered's default value is true in 4.4.
    Maybe it's because of the low memory block the BOOT_COMPLETED broadcast in 4.4.I'm working on it for a few days ,but haven't a solution.
     It's the new feature for 4.4?Anyone can help me ?
BR!

Daniel Lu

Nov 30, 2014, 8:25:25 PM11/30/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I got same issue,

Gary Bisson

Dec 2, 2014, 1:56:39 AM12/2/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Will,

I have observed that in the past and it was coming from the serialization of background processes that has been added to KitKat.
Here is the commit that added this feature:
Here is the file where you can set the number of allowed background processes:

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
Gary