Systrace tool during boot-up

Nitin Mahajan

Apr 10, 2013, 1:22:51 AM4/10/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Is there a way to run the "sysrace" tool during boot-up, to trace everything that happens from init starting.

regards
-Nitin

Glenn Kasten

Apr 10, 2013, 11:54:17 AM4/10/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I think recent versions of systrace may have the ability to capture raw trace "offline" (to memory or local file on target), then later you can upload to host for conversion to .html.
If capturing to local file on target, you'll want to make sure the appropriate filesystem is mounted, and add to init.rc script the systrace command to start logging to file.
You'll of course miss everything prior to that point.

See frameworks/native/cmds/atrace/ for the target portion of systrace.

Kevin Ding

Feb 18, 2017, 11:47:38 AM2/18/17
to android-platform
you can use systrace.py am wm --boot  command to capture trace during boot

this command will write a persist property to enable a native service boottrace to capture the trace event and save them

It sould work, however I have not enable to capture the boot trace yet

now, I'm trying to figure it out

在 2013年4月10日星期三 UTC+8下午1:22:51,Nitin写道: