CvCapture - access to android camera settings

Karel Lenc

Feb 6, 2012, 10:15:36 AM2/6/12
to android-opencv
Hello,

lately I've seen the rapid development of the androidcamera module and
I would like to help with its development. One thing what I'm missing
in this module is access to Android camera parameters (like flash
mode, focus mode and white balance) so I've decided to implement that.

Right now, I'm able to control the flash mode so adding other options
would be quite easy but I'm not sure how to implement that from the
CvCapture API point of view. The highgui_c.h header file contains
several property identifiers for particular interfaces so adding there
more parameters for android should not be so big issue. However I've
found out that the android-opencv project now aims for the OpenMAX API
support but still these new features can be quite useful for older
android platforms.

So I would like to ask, if this patch would have chance to be
accepted? Or is it a needless effort from the beginning :)

Thank you for advice in advance :)
Karel Lenc

Kirill Kornyakov

Feb 10, 2012, 3:47:36 AM2/10/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the late answer, we welcome any contributions or suggestions! OpenCV4Android is going to support older Androids and we have some requests on advanced camera control, so I think that we can discuss the possibility of contribution. Let's continue in private.

Thanks,
Kirill