How to use LLDBFrontend?

Volodymyr B

Jan 5, 2018, 3:55:52 PM1/5/18
to android-ndk
My problem that Android studio is pretty slow for debugging.

I'm writing tests with googletest from NDK to test my functionality.

I can install my libraries and executable file. then launch it without any problems using add shell.

But at some point got crash which is appearing in tests but not in app.

So I was able to launch lldb-server on device and connect with standard macOS lldb client (that was surprisingly good experience).
But turns-out that breakpoints does not work. probably because different versions or so.

now my problem is connect with LLDBFrontend

help is showing only one line!

Usage: <portnum> | <--version>

LLDBFrontend --version

3.9.0

always getting this error

E0105 20:55:02.972702 3072099136 ProtobufClient.cpp:161] ERROR connecting 3 No such process

Any help or directions please.

Alex Cohn

Jan 7, 2018, 6:50:25 AM1/7/18
to android-ndk
Please try this trick (https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/CPP-11021):

In /etc/hosts, there may be a line

::1 localhost

This could cause problems with LLDB, not only for Android clients. Use the following format instead:

127.0.0.1 localhost

BR,
Alex

Volodymyr B

Jan 7, 2018, 12:25:17 PM1/7/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Looks like it’s progress

Next I got
LLDBFrontend 1234
Connection established.
error: handshake with client failed
lldb-server exiting...

Best regards,
Volodymyr Boichentsov

Kenneth Geisshirt

Jan 8, 2018, 2:02:49 PM1/8/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Have you tried to disable code converage?

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/android-ndk.

Kenneth Geisshirt, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Majbøl Allé 18, DK-2770 Kastrup, +45 60 62 71 82