Unable to build a C program using renameat2() system call in Android-ndk r11c

Quang Tuan Dam

May 3, 2016, 10:28:07 AM5/3/16
to android-ndk
Hello everybody,

I would like to use renameat2() system call in my C program. renameat2() is available from Linux kernel 3.15.
I try to build my C program using Android NDK r11c but it seems that the system call is not available.
I would like to know how can I build my C program using renameat2() system call? As I know
LG G5 or Samsung S7 both use kernel version 3.18 so the renameat2() is available?

Thank you a lot for your help.

With best regards,

Dam Quang Tuan

Glenn Kasten

May 3, 2016, 10:31:24 AM5/3/16
to android-ndk
See http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man2/syscall.2.html
especially the sentence "Employing syscall ..."

Dan Albert

May 3, 2016, 1:42:25 PM5/3/16
to android-ndk

Android devices do not have kernels that new.

Quang Tuan Dam

May 6, 2016, 10:17:08 AM5/6/16
to android-ndk
Thank you for your help. Finally I got it working in LG G5 by using arm-linux-gnueabi compiler.

With best regards,

Tuan Quang Dam