Ndk r11 and 12 support for arm 32 bit

734 просмотра

r3t

не прочитано,
17 авг. 2016 г., 13:55:4017.08.2016
– android-ndk
I am building ndk r11 and r12 from source and seems like the NDK doesn't have the 32-bit Android toolchain in it. Is there a way to build this or is there no longer support for 32 bit arm-linux?

Dan Albert

не прочитано,
17 авг. 2016 г., 14:04:3517.08.2016
– android-ndk
As a build host or as a target device? We've never supported ARM hosts. We no longer support 32-bit x86 Linux or Darwin hosts.

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 10:28 AM, r3t <rut...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am building ndk r11 and r12 from source and seems like the NDK doesn't have the 32-bit Android toolchain in it. Is there a way to build this or is there no longer support for 32 bit arm-linux?

r3t

не прочитано,
17 авг. 2016 г., 15:23:0817.08.2016
– android-ndk
I want to have 32-bit Android toolchain specifically for arm-linux-androideabi. Look into to arm-linux-androideabi-4.9 directory it seems it only has 64bit.

On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at 11:04:35 AM UTC-7, Dan Albert wrote:
As a build host or as a target device? We've never supported ARM hosts. We no longer support 32-bit x86 Linux or Darwin hosts.
On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 10:28 AM, r3t <rut...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am building ndk r11 and r12 from source and seems like the NDK doesn't have the 32-bit Android toolchain in it. Is there a way to build this or is there no longer support for 32 bit arm-linux?

Dan Albert

не прочитано,
17 авг. 2016 г., 15:25:0217.08.2016
– android-ndk
Yes, that's a compiler that runs on 64-bit Linux and targets 32-bit ARM Android.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/android-ndk.

r3t

не прочитано,
17 авг. 2016 г., 16:54:3717.08.2016
– android-ndk
Ok so to understand this, ndk release r11 and r12 support target devices arm 32 and 64, x86 32 and 64 and mipsel 32 and 64?
Also out of curiosity. When I look in one of the directories, say android-ndk-r12b/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.9/prebuilt/ I see it says linux-x86_64/. Is that implying the host of the machine? so nothing to do with target devices? I am building from source so i didnt download a specific one so I am guessing the build would have failed if I were running a 32-bit machine?

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 11:12 AM, r3t <rut...@gmail.com> wrote:
I want to have 32-bit Android toolchain specifically for arm-linux-androideabi. Look into to arm-linux-androideabi-4.9 directory it seems it only has 64bit.

On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at 11:04:35 AM UTC-7, Dan Albert wrote:
As a build host or as a target device? We've never supported ARM hosts. We no longer support 32-bit x86 Linux or Darwin hosts.

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 10:28 AM, r3t <rut...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am building ndk r11 and r12 from source and seems like the NDK doesn't have the 32-bit Android toolchain in it. Is there a way to build this or is there no longer support for 32 bit arm-linux?

Dan Albert

не прочитано,
17 авг. 2016 г., 16:58:4817.08.2016
– android-ndk
Yes to all of the above.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/android-ndk.

r3t

не прочитано,
17 авг. 2016 г., 18:07:5417.08.2016
– android-ndk
Thank you!! Last question: When was the cut for supporting 32-bit hosts(I have x-86_64, Ubuntu but was looking for building 32-bit x-86 executable)? is it starting r-11 or r-12? I see it was supported in r-10.

Dan Albert

не прочитано,
17 авг. 2016 г., 18:44:3617.08.2016
– android-ndk
You can still build 32-bit x86 executables *for Android*. Support for using the NDK *from 32-bit Linux* was dropped in r11.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/android-ndk.

r3t

не прочитано,
17 авг. 2016 г., 18:47:3917.08.2016
– android-ndk
Thank you for all the prompt responses Dan!
Ответить всем
Отправить сообщение автору
Переслать
0 новых сообщений