ndk-gdb fails because of permissions

Chris

Jan 2, 2015, 3:00:27 PM1/2/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I'm using NDK version 10D and a Nexus 9 tablet.

I compile my .so with ndk-build NDK_DEBUG=1. It creates a good .so, gdb.setup and gdbserver in my ./libs/arm64-v8a/ directory. When i try and run ndk-gdb --verbose it chugs along but eventually disconnects and i see this error in the output.

"run-as: exec failed for /data/local/tmp/gdbserver Error:Permission denied"

My device is a stock device. I have not rooted it. Is rooting a device now a required operation to run a debugger?!

Thanks,
Chris

Amar Nikhanj

Mar 1, 2015, 7:14:26 PM3/1/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I am also having this issue.

Nalini Ganapati

Apr 1, 2015, 1:08:50 PM4/1/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
>"run-as: exec failed for /data/local/tmp/gdbserver Error:Permission denied"
Any update on this issue? I am facing the exact same issue only on Nexus 9 with arm64-v8a. Thanks for any help.

Nalini Ganapati

Apr 6, 2015, 1:11:22 AM4/6/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Here is an associated defect - 152832 for anyone interested in voting.

Jacob Kwitkoski

May 18, 2015, 6:11:02 PM5/18/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Is this possibly the same core issue here: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=118300 to do with pulling 64-bit versions of app_process and linker?