AAudio documents functions that do not exist in the NDK

Haydn

Apr 5, 2018, 12:19:33 PM4/5/18
to android-ndk
Hi,

The following AAudio functions are documented but unavailable in the NDK:

AAudioStreamBuilder_setUsage
AAudioStreamBuilder_setContentType
AAudioStreamBuilder_setSessionId

AAudioStream_getUsage
AAudioStream_getContentType
AAudioStream_getSessionId

This is a problem for me because I need to associate the AcousticEchoCanceller with an AAudio input stream but I cannot call getSessionId on it. Neither can I preset the use of the AEC because I can't specify the content/usage type of the stream on the builder.

When will these missing features be implemented in Android?

We are using the AAudio API within our SIP based phone app. The SIP 'engine' is based on Linphone and is written in C. We're targeting API 26 and using NDK version r15c.

Regards,
Haydn

Glenn Kasten

Apr 5, 2018, 12:23:01 PM4/5/18
to android-ndk
Thank you for reporting, tracking at internal bug ...2550

Dan Albert

Apr 5, 2018, 12:24:51 PM4/5/18
to android-ndk
Those APIs weren't in the NDK until r17 beta 1 afaict.

Glenn: are those P APIs?

Glenn Kasten

Apr 5, 2018, 4:14:32 PM4/5/18
to android-ndk
Dan - yes those were added in P developer preview

Haydn - sorry for the confusing.

If you're using P developer preview from
then please try the NDK that Dan mentioned.  It is available here:
Hopefully that NDK will have the APIs that go along with the online documentation,
but please let me know if they don't.

If you're _not_ using P developer preview, then that's
due to the documentation bug ...2550.  We should be listing
minimum API version number in the docs, but we don't yet.

On Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 9:19:33 AM UTC-7, Haydn wrote:
[...]

Haydn

Apr 6, 2018, 11:24:30 AM4/6/18
to android-ndk
Hi Glenn, thanks for your response. The missing functions are indeed available in the NDK r17 beta.

Given the Oreo AAudio API, is there any other way of binding to the AcousticEchoCanceller?