ieee_exceptions

Stephen Kirby

Jan 26, 2018, 2:17:04 PM1/26/18
to android-ndk
Hi,

Trying to cross-compile some Fortran code (so I can run on Android device) which has a lot of Ieee_exceptions calls (for arithmetic underflow/overflow/divide by zero, etc.).  In x86_64 GCC7.2.0 I see libgfortran.a contains ieee_exceptions.o where they seem to be defined.  A check of the android NDK android-26 libs (libm.a or libc.a) shows that there are no equivalent definitions.

Is this something that can be added to a future version of Android NDK libm.a?

More immediate for my purposes, if anyone could point me to source code that defines these IEEE_EXCEPTIONS so I can cross-compile for Android that would be really excellent.

TIA,
Steve

Elliott Hughes

Jan 26, 2018, 3:39:59 PM1/26/18
to android-ndk
this isn't in any platform's libm. i think you already answered your own question: link against libgfortran.a.

Stephen Kirby

Jan 26, 2018, 5:27:05 PM1/26/18
to android-ndk
Exactly!  Thanks Elliott.  This occurred to me about 5 mins. after I sent it out and I was about to write as much here.
Regards,
Steve