After downloading and installing Android NDK, where should I put it?

JSGuider

Jan 28, 2018, 7:58:37 PM1/28/18
to android-ndk
So, I was downloading Android NDK (from inside Android Studio) there was a problem, so I downloaded it from  https://developer.android.com/ndk/downloads/index.html and I want to know where to put it in order for it to work on Android Studio?

mic _

Jan 29, 2018, 2:00:19 AM1/29/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
>where to put it in order for it to work on Android Studio?

Pretty much anywhere is fine. Then, in Android Studio, go to File -> Project Structure -> SDK Location and fill out the Android NDK Location field. I think you can also do the same thing by adding/modifying an ndk.dir property in your local.properties file, followed by a gradle sync.

On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 3:13 PM, JSGuider <abdelrah...@gmail.com> wrote:
So, I was downloading Android NDK (from inside Android Studio) there was a problem, so I downloaded it from  https://developer.android.com/ndk/downloads/index.html and I want to know where to put it in order for it to work on Android Studio?

Alex Cohn

Jan 31, 2018, 6:27:37 AM1/31/18
to android-ndk
The default location is in sdk/ndk-bundle (I mean, after unpacking you should see file sdk/ndk-bundle/source.properties). The important limitation is that the full path to this location should not contain spaces, which means that on Windows, for example,  C:\Program Files\Android\sdk\ndk-bundle or C:\Users\Alex Cohn\sdk\ndk-bundle won't be good places.

BR,
Alex