Android AAR package for native library

Ivan Gagis

Jun 22, 2016, 12:06:40 PM6/22/16
to android-ndk
Hi,

I'm looking for a way to package a native library into an AAR package, so it would be possible to use it via dependencies declaration in gradle script.

By native library I mean set of .cpp files or compiled static library and a set of header files. So, I mean that the app itself will call the library from native code, not from Java. In other words, the library needed to compile app's native code. So that it will be possible to easily manage dependencies of native code.

Is it even possible?

So far I could only find a lot of questions/examples of how to make an AAR of JNI native library with .so file and its Java interface, so the lib just a Java lib with native implementation, but this is not what I need.

There is same question on stackoverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35140809/android-aar-package-for-native-library

Thanks,
Ivan