OpenSL Realize() failure on N Preview 3

Rick G

May 23, 2016, 5:38:35 PM5/23/16
to android-ndk
Hi All,
Testing a Native MediaPlayer library on Android N and going from Preview 1 to Preview 3, I run into an OpenSL initialization failure when calling ->Realize(...).  Which returns SL_RESULT_CONTENT_UNSUPPORTED.
The same content/code works with out issue on Preview 1 and all the way back to Android 2.3.  Any ideas/suggestions?

-Rick

Rick G

May 23, 2016, 5:41:59 PM5/23/16
to android-ndk
I should mention, the Realize() failure is on the AudioPlayer instance.  The Engine is created and realized without error.

Glenn Kasten

May 23, 2016, 8:40:45 PM5/23/16
to android-ndk
This is likely the bug described in the DP3 release notes
in section Known Issues / Audio.

The bug is expected to be fixed in DP4.
Sorry I do not have the schedule for DP4.

A workaround in DP3 that has been found to work in some apps
is to (temporarily) remove certain interfaces from the player such
as effects and rate change.  This workaround will no longer
be needed when fixed, which again is expected to be in DP4.