Want to compile pylzma wrapper for android

Matthias Schuster

Oct 12, 2016, 12:35:38 PM10/12/16
to android-ndk
Hi experts,

I need a library (libpylzma for Android)
I understand how and did compiled pylzma for win32 and Linux. It worked, but I dont know how to do this for Android arm architecture.

Here the source:
https://github.com/fancycode/pylzma

I already set up buildozer on a debian machine and tried little bit cross-compiling on debian.

What I need ? How can I do this ?

Thanks in advance

Kenneth Geisshirt

Oct 13, 2016, 12:05:07 PM10/13/16
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm not sure I understand what you wish to do.

* Do you wish to use Python on your Android device?
* Call LZMA functions in your Android app (which is written in Java or Kotlin)?

/kneth

Matthias Schuster

Oct 18, 2016, 12:05:27 PM10/18/16
to android-ndk, ken...@geisshirt.dk
Hello,

I want to use this pylzma library in Android for Kodi. There is a Addon which uses pylzma with libraries at Windows or Linux called Rom Collection Browser.
It displays content of 7z files, let you choose file to decompress with launcher.py script. This script needs py7zlib with its libraries. For Android I dont knwo how to compile this libfile. "libpylzma.so" for pylzma wrapper.

Riasat Abir

Oct 20, 2016, 11:39:38 PM10/20/16
to android-ndk
Run this sample jni application first. It will compile the c code and create the lib*.so binary.
https://developer.android.com/ndk/samples/sample_hellojni.html

Now copy your source code inside an android ndk project. Write necessary makefiles to compile and create the binary.

In short, you have to write Android.mk files by yourself.

Thanks,
Riasat