AAudio latency

Flavio Antonioli

Jul 20, 2017, 6:36:22 PM7/20/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I’ve been doing some latency tests with the AAudio Echo sample, on my
Nexus 6P with the latest developer preview I get between between ~40
and ~100 round trip latency.

With my app and OpenSLES using Fast path settings (192 frames @ 48k) I
get around 25ms.

Perhaps AAudio is not yet tuned on the Nexus 6P? I remember reading
here that something in the AAudio path was not yet using the Fast
path, is this still the case?

Thanks,
Flavio.

Glenn Kasten

Jul 20, 2017, 6:42:58 PM7/20/17
to android-ndk
The OC developer preview releases of AAudio are not yet optimized for latency.
See the Known Issues section at the end of

We hope to improve latency and other performance metrics
in both the final OC release, and in succeeding releases.

As Phil Burk mentioned in his presentation at I/O 2017,
AAudio is intended to be both easier to use than OpenSL ES, and
a more flexible platform to allow us to make further performance improvements.

Jeka

Jul 25, 2017, 11:29:31 AM7/25/17
to android-ndk
Thanks Glenn. Are there any news regarding the mentioned C++ wrapper for Android versions that do not support AAudio?
Any timetable for the estimated availability?

Greets
Jeka

Glenn Kasten

Jul 25, 2017, 11:33:14 AM7/25/17
to android-ndk
The wrapper is still an important part of the transition strategy.
However I do not have a schedule for it.

branisla...@eman.cz

Nov 7, 2017, 11:00:03 AM11/7/17
to android-ndk
+1 for the wrapper to be able to use Aaudio-like syntax on older SDKs than SDK26.

Dne pátek 21. července 2017 0:36:22 UTC+2 Flavio napsal(a):

Rozšiřujeme náš tým. Více informací najdete na www.eman.jobs

Dan Albert

Nov 7, 2017, 1:48:10 PM11/7/17
to android-ndk