Android 4.3 Emulator could not support the OpenGL ES 3.0

guoyon...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2014, 4:46:04 AM4/22/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
        The SDK and ADT have been updated in my IDE, and I create an Android 4.3 Emulator successfully. Then I run the OpenGL ES 3.0 demo code on the Emulator , the demo comes from \android-ndk-r9d\samples\gles3jni. The demo runs well ,I think, however, the OpenGL ES version information in the cpp file outputed by the  printGlString("Version", GL_VERSION)  is OpenGL ES2.0, which means  OpenGL ES2.0 is supprted while the OpenGL ES 3.0 is not on the platform 18.
       My PC : windows 7, 4GB RAM, Intel Core i3, GPU NVIDIA Geforce G7X550 Ti.  Use Host GPU has been selected. The platform  of the Emulator is Android 4.3.
       And I checked the code.  The value in setEGLContextClientVersion( ) in JAVA File is 2, why not 3 ?
     Could the android 4.3 Emulator support the OpenGL ES 3.0, and what should I do.

       Thank you for your help. Best wishes.

5049...@qq.com

David Turner

Apr 28, 2014, 3:42:54 PM4/28/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I confirm that GLES 3.0 is not currently supported by the Android emulator, even with the "Use host GPU" option ticked on (i.e. using the "-gpu on" command-line option).