Hardware scaler on some devices have no filtering set when compositing.

Andy Coates

Apr 7, 2014, 7:44:25 AM4/7/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
When I use:

    ANativeWindow_setBuffersGeometry(engine->app->window, m_fWidthScale, m_fHeightScale, format);

To scale the screen so the filtrate is more manageable on the higher res screens I noticed an issue on certain devices. The scaling side of things works perfectly but on some devices no bi-linear filtering is been used when the surface is composited to the screen.

With the devices that have filtering the scaling is nice and smooth and the edges of polygons don't look jaggy. I use multi sampling sampling as well and all looks perfect.

With the devices that have no filtering turned on I get jaggies on my polygon edges, which defeats the purpose of multi sampling.

So is there a way to turn on filtering for the compositor that the OS uses? And something that will work from 2.3 onwards would be great but if not any solution will do.