What happened to "SAPA for the masses"?

Felix Homann

Nov 18, 2016, 9:41:03 AM11/18/16
to android-ndk
Hi,

at Google I/O SAPA was announced to be coming to non-Samsung devices via an OpenSL ES backend. Now, roughly half a year later tehre'S still no further news on this. Is this idea still alive?

Glenn Kasten

Nov 22, 2016, 10:23:44 PM11/22/16
to android-ndk
Felix,
Thank you for asking about this.

As you know from the video of the event, I was present at the I/O 2016 session
"Android high-performance audio" when this was announced.
I share your desire to see SAPA continue to succeed and also be more widely available.

Realizing this goal requires much work, both technical and non-technical.
I regret that I am unable to share a schedule or other details on the progress, but
I assure you that I want to do whatever is within my ability to enable this to happen.

Glenn