Can we use both sdk and ndk using same Android Studio?

Sanjog Shrestha

Jan 6, 2016, 1:10:35 PM1/6/16
to android-ndk
I was wondering if we could use SDK and NDK in same android studio or is there any attention required? I could not find any documentation for my query. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Michel Braz de Morais

Jan 6, 2016, 8:01:54 PM1/6/16
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Yes you can!
In my engine I use both without a problem!
Calling between C++ and Java is normal!

att,

Michel Braz de Morais

Analista / Desenvolvedor de sistemas

I was wondering if we could use SDK and NDK in same android studio or is there any attention required? I could not find any documentation for my query. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Massimo Del Zotto

Jan 7, 2016, 10:39:57 AM1/7/16
to android-ndk
Yes you can!
In my engine I use both without a problem!
Calling between C++ and Java is normal!

How do breakpoints work? I tried the helloWorld example and it didn't break in native code.

Massimo

John Morman

Jan 7, 2016, 11:49:27 AM1/7/16
to android-ndk
The common way for debugging native android code is using ndk-gdb outside of Android Studio. To my knowledge native debugging is still not supported within Android Studio.

- John

Raymond Chiu

Jan 8, 2016, 2:13:36 PM1/8/16
to android-ndk
Native debugging is now supported in Android Studio (http://tools.android.com/tech-docs/android-ndk-preview).  If you are able to migrate the build file to use the new plugin (http://tools.android.com/tech-docs/new-build-system/gradle-experimental), it should work pretty well.

Kevin

Jan 13, 2016, 6:22:24 PM1/13/16
to android-ndk
It is supported, but it is still in preview stage. It is very buggy according to my experience. Sometimes it crashes. Compared with Xcode C++ support, there is a long way to go.