A4.1 - UnsatisfiedLinkError: Couldn't load X: findLibrary returned null

Menion

Aug 5, 2012, 4:20:20 PM8/5/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Good day to all,

  I have for a few months quite well working application on Google Play. Since today update, I already received into Developer console this error

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
 at menion.android.locus.core.gui.extension.MainApplication.onCreate(L:78)
 at android.app.Instrumentation.callApplicationOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:999)
 at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:4151)
 at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1300(ActivityThread.java:130)
 at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1255)
 at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
 at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
 at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4745)
 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
 at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:786)
 at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:553)
 at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Couldn't load macore: findLibrary returned null
 at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java:365)
 at menion.android.locus.core.utils.Native.<clinit>(L:8)

From few emails and reports I discovered that this happen only on Android 4.1 or 4.1.1. All other users have no problems. MaCore library is quite a small library (one *.h and one *.c) with four functions. I discovered an incorrect values in header file, but even after recreating, problem remain. Also on my 4.1.1 device I don't have this problem. And finally, some users (two to be exact), wrote me that after re-install of application, all works fine! Have anyone any suggestion, what should I do and where to search for some solution? Thanks!

Menion

Aug 5, 2012, 4:22:41 PM8/5/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I just wanted to write that as a reaction to today update I already received around 70! Stack traces, so it's not a one-man issue. That's why I need to fix this in some way

Vaishali

Aug 5, 2012, 4:44:46 PM8/5/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hey I had the same error. This means the library is not linking correctly . just try changing the Android.mk file to make this lib load statictically . the BUILD_SHARED-> BUILD_STATIC . I hope you got that .

Cheers , Let me know.

Vaishali

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 1:52 AM, Menion <menion...@gmail.com> wrote:
I just wanted to write that as a reaction to today update I already received around 70! Stack traces, so it's not a one-man issue. That's why I need to fix this in some way

Menion

Aug 5, 2012, 5:15:58 PM8/5/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
isn't weird that this affect only A4.1 devices (I have really minor knowledge about C dev, so sorry for these questions) and also that re-install helps?

I'll check it tomorrow on some users that wasn't fast enough to re-install

Dan V.

Aug 6, 2012, 2:06:10 AM8/6/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
This appears to be the same issue as:

Menion

Aug 6, 2012, 2:09:57 AM8/6/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Excellent Dan, it's absolutely identical problem, I'll continue in discussion there. That's what I was looking for, thanks you very much!