SIGILL with clang

ROHIT KUMAR

Aug 26, 2017, 1:03:45 PM8/26/17
to android-ndk
Hey folks,

I am migrating our huge Android code base from GCC(Eclipse IDE) to clang(Android Studio).

Error: SIGILL (signal SIGILL: illegal instruction)

At a weird line in the code, I am getting this error. which points to a closing curly bracket of an if condition. After googling, I am assuming it is some kind of architecture flag issue. I am using same flags which were used for GCC.

Note: I am currently working on Arm build.

Here are the architecture flags for ARM7:

-march=armv7-a -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=vfpv3-d16 -mtune=cortex-a8 -mthumb -DTARGET_THUMB2

Can anyone help me debug this issue? Is there any issue with the flags with clang?

Thanks,
Rohit Kumar

Dan Albert

Aug 26, 2017, 3:10:42 PM8/26/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
It looks like you already got your answer from the clang mailing list. I'd recommend using -Werror=return-type.