How will deprecated headers be removed?

Chi-Hsuan Yen

Jun 30, 2017, 2:59:20 PM6/30/17
to android-ndk

In NDK's roadmap, "Remove deprecated headers" is listed as a goal in NDK r16. I'm curious how will it occur? Just rm -rf platforms/*/*/usr/include? Or replace files in platforms/*/*/usr/include with corresponding ones from unified headers?

Also, will it happen in NDK r16 beta 1?

Thanks for any input.

Dan Albert

Jun 30, 2017, 3:01:25 PM6/30/17
to android-ndk
Yes, they're already removed in the master branch. There are no headers in platforms/ any more (I considered duplicating all of the headers in sysroot/ into platforms/, but typically people want the NDK to be smaller, not larger).