atexit not found

Stephen Kirby

Jan 12, 2018, 1:22:51 PM1/12/18
to android-ndk
hello,
Trying to compile C code for ARM using NDK r15c branch with the platform being android-26.  When I link in libc.a from this branch I get "atexit not found".  I did some searching and have seen others with this issue leading to an indication that it was to be added to libc.a, but not seeing it there.  I could look at earlier android platforms (< 26) or write a "dummy atexit" function.  Any suggestions welcome.
TIA,
Steve

Stephen Kirby

Jan 13, 2018, 3:23:11 PM1/13/18
to android-ndk
Was wondering - is it possible to get the atexit() function added to ndk r15c, android-26?  Seems like a better option than me trying to come up with a dummy version.  Thanks.
--Steve

Dan Albert

Jan 13, 2018, 6:02:45 PM1/13/18
to android-ndk

Stephen Kirby

Jan 15, 2018, 3:07:03 PM1/15/18
to android-ndk
Dan,

Thanks for that info.  Based on the page you referenced I saw a milestone of r17.  Is that when libc.a would have atexit included? (note: I have not checked the latest version 16b.)

TIA,
Steve

On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 11:22:51 AM UTC-7, Stephen Kirby wrote:
hello,
Trying to compile C code for ARM using NDK r15c branch with the platform being android-26.  When I link in libc.a from this branch I get "atexit not found".  I did some searching and have seen others with this issue leading to an indication that it was to be added to libc.a, but not seeing it there.  I could look at earlier android platforms (< 26) or write a "dummy atexit" function.  Any suggestions welcome.
TIA,
Steve

Dan Albert

Jan 16, 2018, 1:37:47 PM1/16/18
to android-ndk
Yes, assuming my guess is correct and that bug is the cause of the issue.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/android-ndk.

Stephen Kirby

Jan 16, 2018, 6:59:18 PM1/16/18
to android-ndk
OK thanks - that's good to hear libc.a will be updated in r17 :>