Problem running Google Sample for NDK Open SLES Streaming

Fuzzy Logik

Jun 10, 2016, 2:30:18 AM6/10/16
to android-ndk
Hi guys,

Was wondering if anyone can help.

Ive downloaded the Android Open SLES Audio examples, from here https://github.com/googlesamples/android-ndk/tree/master/native-audio

I get local plaback audio and they all seem to work fine, except one. Which turns out.. is the example i need the most  for a future project lol

The one in question is to read an audio stream from a URL using a URI player (SLPlayItf uriPlayerPlay). Either nothing plays, or after clicking on the "URI Soundtrack" Button in the example, followed by "Play URI" Button, it will throw a crash, with the following spewed out into the log:-

"A/libc: Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1, fault addr 0x0 in tid 2880 (ALooper)

        [ 06-10 08:25:05.426  1177: 1177 W/         ]
        debuggerd: handling request: pid=2364 uid=10061 gid=10061 tid=2880"

I have no idea what this means. What am i doing wrong?, if anyone can point me in the right direction, or who has a running example streaming URIs in NDK Open SLES, i will be most grateful.

Im using Mac Book Pro 2011, running Mavericks, Android studio 2.2 Preview 3

Thank you

Don Turner

Jun 10, 2016, 8:45:41 AM6/10/16
to android-ndk
That looks like a bug to me. Please could you file a github issue for this and I will make sure the owner sees it.

Cheers,

Don

Fuzzy Logik

Jun 10, 2016, 10:06:57 PM6/10/16
to android-ndk
Thank you for the prompt reply. i have filed this as a gitHub issue. its issue #229