Iterative mode of SimplePerf does not work

Manoj Babu

Feb 13, 2018, 9:21:36 PM2/13/18
to android-ndk
Hi Guys,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post, please let me know if there are better resources.

I am trying to profile the CPUs of a Nexus6P for a project. I found that I can use an application called SimplePerf bundled with the NDK to get some hardware counter data.

The NDK I downloaded is r16b and it contains the arm64 precompiled binary.

Using this works for batch mode, I am able to generate the HW counter data .for a duration.
However I would like to profile in iterations, for example get data every 100ms. There is an option "--iterative <period>" but this does not work. The program exits without doing anything.

Does anyone know anything about this? No one seems to have this same problem.

Thanks,
Manoj