Android Studio NDK Version

Nathan Crouther

Apr 12, 2016, 2:15:45 PM4/12/16
to android-ndk
In Android Studio 2.0, the built-in SDK manager appears to download version 11b of the NDK, but 11c is available at: http://developer.android.com/ndk/downloads/index.html

Will I run into any problems now or in the future it I download r11c and extract it into the ndk-bundle directory manually?

Dan Albert

Apr 19, 2016, 4:08:47 PM4/19/16
to android-ndk
Is this resolved? Someone had accidentally modified a line in the SDK manager config but it should have been fixed as of last Wednesday (a day after your post).

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 9:49 AM, Nathan Crouther <ncro...@gmail.com> wrote:
In Android Studio 2.0, the built-in SDK manager appears to download version 11b of the NDK, but 11c is available at: http://developer.android.com/ndk/downloads/index.html

Will I run into any problems now or in the future it I download r11c and extract it into the ndk-bundle directory manually?

Nathan Crouther

Apr 19, 2016, 5:04:58 PM4/19/16
to android-ndk
Now, I am seeing an r12 update being offered, which is surprising since the NDK page warns that it is beta and should not be used in production.  I don't recall ever seeing the 11c update, I saw r11b and then r12, but if it was a brief window, I may have missed it.

Dan Albert

Apr 19, 2016, 5:05:44 PM4/19/16
to android-ndk
If you've selected the beta channel you're get r12.

Nathan Crouther

Apr 19, 2016, 5:12:19 PM4/19/16
to android-ndk
I am seeing the r12 update on the stable channel (screenshots attached).

settings.png
updates.png

Dan Albert

Apr 19, 2016, 5:16:26 PM4/19/16