NDK integration with Android Studio

William Maybaum

Jun 12, 2015, 4:41:55 PM6/12/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Has anyone heard about the status of this activity? We are developing on Windows, Android and IOS. I found an integrated tool set from Nivida which also handles OpenCV. I do not want to spend my time dealing with tools and not the problem we want to solve.

Thanks

Bill

Mārtiņš Možeiko

Jun 12, 2015, 7:39:17 PM6/12/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Yes, Google announced in I/O that Android Studio will support NDK development. There are some features available in 1.3 preview version, but full support for NDK will be available later.
Watch about this in following Google I/O video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ihSQ44WO0 (~19:20)

--
Mārtiņš Možeiko

William Maybaum

Jun 14, 2015, 9:54:17 PM6/14/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Martins

I looked at the video. Now to see the delivery.

Much appreciated.

Simon Taylor

Jun 15, 2015, 5:35:49 AM6/15/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
The video looked awesome, and I can't wait to try out the features.

I've seen it mentioned that the latest 1.3 preview 4 in the canary channel has some of the C/C++ support, but I can't find any information to make it work. There's no reference to C++ in any of the studio preferences, and opening C++ files in the editor doesn't seem to trigger any sort of C++ support.

I've heard mention of needing to use a new Gradle format to describe the NDK components in order to get tool support, but can't find any docs or examples of what that is referring to. If anyone has a working project they could share that would be awesome.

Simon

William Maybaum

Jun 19, 2015, 2:53:02 PM6/19/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I have installed the Studio application and imported my program. I am now working on the NDK set up or configuration. I am getting the error below, and I can not find the documentation on the error codes. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Error:Execution failed for task ':app:compileArmDebugNdk'.
> com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: Process 'command 'C:\Android_NDK\ndk-build.cmd'' finished with non-zero exit value 2

Thanks,
Bill

Chunlong Li

Jun 19, 2015, 4:29:42 PM6/19/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Try to build using command line. And see if you can get any error message.

William Maybaum

Jun 22, 2015, 6:59:38 PM6/22/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I will give it a try.