Where is APP_PLATFORM android-22 with last NDK ?

Nicolas Dedouche

Mar 24, 2015, 1:51:15 PM3/24/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I downloaded last ndk available from Google (r10d), my goal was being able to compile for platform android-22.
But it is no present, so coul someone tell me how I could compile for this platform version ?

Thanks a lot ;)

Xavier Hallade

Mar 26, 2015, 11:26:40 AM3/26/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The last ndk update is from before the release of Android 5.1, that's why there is no platform-22 inside it.
But if you compile for android-21 or any earlier platform, it will work on Android 5.1 devices.

There has been new NDK APIs/features introduced with android-21, such as new media APIs, support for OpenGL ES 3.1... but I haven't heard about any NDK specific changes coming with android-22, why would you need to compile against the android-22 platform ?

Regards,
Xavier.

Nicolas Dedouche

Mar 26, 2015, 6:51:35 PM3/26/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Yes I need to compile native code with the new libmedia from android-22 because the one from android-21 does not link anymore because of changes between.

Andrew Hsieh

Mar 26, 2015, 6:54:29 PM3/26/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
yes, there is no new native API in level 22.
If you specify APP_PLATFORM=android-22 for r10d, it will be adjusted down to nearest API level which is android-21

Andrew Esh

Mar 26, 2015, 11:09:56 PM3/26/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
You seem to be depending on library support that is very new. The NDK does not appear to have been updated to support his yet. The build you are trying to do can be accomplished in an AOSP sandbox. Otherwise, you can build the newer library in AOSP, and provide access to it and its header files within an NDK build sandbox. I've done this with several libraries. Of course your product would then be limited to running only on Android 5.1 devices, which are very few right now.