simpleperf: /proc/kallsyms build id mismatch and other symbol resolution errors

jumanji

Mar 7, 2017, 9:57:13 AM3/7/17
to android-ndk
1- According to the simple perf binary_cache_builder, _pull_kernel_symbols, the method has to pull the /proc/kallsyms from the device onto host to the folder binary_cache.
In my tests, I don't seem to have this folder copied. Moreover, annotate script complains build id mismatch for, failed to read symbols from /proc/kallsyms.
Could anyone help me fix this?

2- I have similar symbols not found issues that are supposed to have been copied from location /data/app/com.android.chrome-2/base.apk!/lib/.... I can't even locate such a folder(base.apk!) on my device.

3- While trying to run profile script, it looks for data in binary_cache//system_root/.. which fails again because of the double // introduced in path name. I am also wondering how is this introduced on running the script.

4- There are also symbol requirements from folders like bionic/libc, which I can't locate either.

All in all, I find it extremely hard to get many of my symbols resolved. Any help in this direction is appreciated.
By the way, I am trying to collect data of an existing application on a Pixel device.