Integrating 3rd party cmake libs

Felix Homann

May 23, 2017, 12:05:34 PM5/23/17
to android-ndk
Hi,

is there a way to comfortably integrate 3rd party libs that offer a cmake build system?

Currently I still build those libs manually and manually copy them and hteir respective include files over to my project. I guess/hope there's an easier way so that I can simply add the whole library sources into my project somewhere, make gradle aware of the respective cmake file and have the libs and include files automatically build and copied to acccessible places (like a fake /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include).

Is something like this possible?

Kind regards,
Felix

Dan Albert

May 23, 2017, 1:16:57 PM5/23/17
to android-ndk

Felix Homann

May 26, 2017, 6:27:16 AM5/26/17
to android-ndk

Am Dienstag, 23. Mai 2017 19:16:57 UTC+2 schrieb Dan Albert:

Thanks for this suggestion. I haven't hear of that project before. But quite frankly somehow I feel that's even more complicated than copying the libs manually, especally since none of the libs I'm using are already prepared for CDep. Moreover some of the libs are not meant to become open source and thus can't be hosted on github.

Are there any other ideas?

Dan Albert

May 30, 2017, 4:12:49 PM5/30/17
to android-ndk
We only shipped this a couple weeks ago, so the supply of packages is still a bit anemic. We're working on filling that out though. The libraries don't have to be open source and don't have to be hosted on github.

It's just one option. There might be a more integrated way of doing what you're asking in cmake, but I don't know it.