Goldfish ALSA audio driver development in progress

PrasannaKumar Muralidharan

Feb 23, 2016, 10:42:52 AM2/23/16
to Android Linux Kernel Development
I am modifying and upstreaming goldfish audio driver to use ALSA framework. Initial patch email is available at http://driverdev.linuxdriverproject.org/pipermail/driverdev-devel/2016-February/086002.html. The patch will be taken in only if android emulator user space is able to use ALSA driver, currently it uses a custom audio HAL. Will Android emulator switch audio HAL to use ALSA interface instead of the current HAL if this driver gets merged upstream? If so I will proceed with further development.

To use ALSA interface tinyalsa library can be used which is available in AOSP at external/tinyalsa already.

Note: I don't know the right person to contact to get this answered so posting here. Feel free to let me know if this is not the correct place, if possible point me to correct place.

Thanks,
PrasannaKumar