Device Booting

Raul Piper

Sep 9, 2015, 3:15:37 PM9/9/15
to android...@googlegroups.com, android-porting
A peripheral attached to Android SoC boots/initializes at what stage?
Before POST(Power ON Self test)
After POST (Power ON Self test)
before bootloader
after bootloader
before kernel Loading
while the kernel boots
after kernel boots

Raul Piper

Sep 10, 2015, 11:56:41 AM9/10/15
to Glenn Kasten, android...@googlegroups.com

Its a sensor hub (firmware in the device flash)connected on i2c lines with SoC.

On Sep 10, 2015 8:15 PM, "Glenn Kasten" <gka...@android.com> wrote:
Not enough information for people to be able to answer.
Please say which exact peripheral and how it is attached.
--------
Device Booting

Shree Kumar

Sep 10, 2015, 3:32:14 PM9/10/15
to android...@googlegroups.com, Glenn Kasten

Most likely that sensors will get initialized while the kernel is booting.

This may not be true on all platforms, though. I believe some platforms have the ability to offload sensor processing to other processors on the same SoC.

HTH
-- Shree

Salvatore De Simone

Nov 10, 2015, 4:44:06 PM11/10/15
to Android Linux Kernel Development, gka...@android.com
So, also the Micro SD Card Reader is mounted like a sensor, governed with an I2C protocol?