Query about workqueues

已查看 94 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Raj Kumar

未读,
2014年5月23日 07:27:102014/5/23
收件人 android...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I was trying to understand the workqueues in more details:

e.g. it is given

kworker/u4:0
kworker/0:0

What does u4:0 represents and similarily 0:0 represents. I was glancing into the code when pool->cpu>0, there is u appended.

Can you please explain u4:0 and 0:0 (what does it represent) in workqueue kworker?

Regards,
Raj Kumar

Boyan Vladinov

未读,
2014年7月2日 02:42:342014/7/2
收件人 android...@googlegroups.com
Name: kworker/%u:%d%s (cpu, id, priority)
Purpose: Execute workqueue requests

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/kernel-per-CPU-kthreads.txt

Raj Kumar

未读,
2014年7月2日 14:10:032014/7/2
收件人 android...@googlegroups.com

Hi Boyan,

Thanks for your reply. But this documentation is stating:
kworker/%u:%d%s (cpu, id, priority)

which means it will print like kworker/0:0
if cpu is 0, id is 0 and priority is 1
but here it is:
kworker/u4:0
what does u, 4, 0 represents here, it still did not answer my question.
Can you explain on this?

Regards,
Raj

Raj Kumar

未读,
2014年7月2日 14:21:042014/7/2
收件人 android...@googlegroups.com、boyan.v...@gmail.com
Hi Boyan,

I looked into the code of workqueues and understood:

kworker/u4:0
kworker/0:0

In this u means, it is not bound to any cpu, rest it is cpu and instance. Correct me if I an wrong.
regards,
raj

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Boyan Vladinov <boyan.v...@gmail.com> wrote:
--